Thursday, August 27, 2009

Greetings from Lou-ul-ville!

Greetings from Louisville, Kentucky (Pronounced "Lou-ul-ville)!!  We arrived here on Tuesday for work, and this is the first time I've been in the grand state of Kentucky.  I must say I was surprised... I guess I expected this big open green space with horses and people (ahem, Kentucky Derby)... but turns out, Louisville has a downtown and all of that good stuff... a pretty cool city, and we've got a great view from the 24th floor of our hotel room.  Went for a nice run along the river as well and saw the transition area for where the Ironman is going to be on Sunday.  Today, the expo went well.  It was indoors instead of outside, and although we had a lot of space, I think we all agreed that we would have preferred to be outside.  One other thing I forgot about in Colorado... the HUMIDITY. Yikes.  The great dry air of Colorado was definitely something I quickly adjusted to.  Now I walk out here and feel like I can't breathe, even though I grew up with humidity my entire life! Ha.  We had dinner tonight at the Hard Rock, and last night at Joe's Crab Shack.  It has been a great trip thus far and I'm looking forward to 2 more days of a successful expo.  I really enjoy the expos and talking with the customers, and it's hard to believe how nervous I was the very first time I had to sell one of those shoes.  I still sometimes need a few second opinions or advice, but hey, you can't grow without asking questions, right??

Well, I'm trying to wind down so I can get up early for a group run and long day at work, but just a few more exciting things going on that are to come after this trip: 1) Virginia Beach 3 days after I get back.  Man, just when I'm readjusting to the 2 hour time change, I'm going have to turn around again. Whew!  And I might be the only girl going along next time...maybe it will make me tougher :) (Ha.)  2) Once I'm no longer living out of my suitcase, my parents are coming to visit me!!  That will be a fun week.... we're going to go to a Rockies Game, get together with the rest of the family out here, I'm going to take them to check out my work and the beautiful town of Boulder, AND they're helping me move into my new apartment! (I'm sure they are thrilled about the last one... but thanks, Mom and Dad!) 3) After they leave, my best friend from college, Cassondra, is coming to visit!  What a great month, right?  4) And I wanted to save this one for last... on September 1, I officially start my full-time position at work!  I just received an offer last week after interning for 3 months, and am absolutely thrilled about the opportunity to be in such an energetic, entrepreneurial environment with so many intelligent people!  For the last few months, I did an internship in Social Media, but now will be moving into the Customer Support area, managing some of the programs involving feedback, and working with the other Customer Service expert.  I feel very blessed to have this opportunity, and to come out of college with a job that I already love!  I've been praying a lot, and trusting that God has a plan for me, and suddenly so many things are falling into place, and I am so grateful for that.  I'm also very thankful for everyone's support-- to my friends and family for always listening to me, supporting me, encouraging me, and believing in me :) Thank you!  Well, that's about it for today... I'm all grown up! Ha.

p.s. I forgot my usb for importing pictures, but I'll post some Lousiville pics when I get back home!

1 comment:

  1. oh honey!! I'm so happy to hear that things are working out for you!! Isn't is cool when you finally give up your own ways of trying to plan everything and realize God has a the big picture all figured out things just start to glide into place?? So happy for you! And Miss you dearly! I want to come to Boulder!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete