Hope all is going well! Thanks to everyone for all of the cards/calls/birthday wishes! I am now 23... getting old! It was so great to hear from everyone and see what has been happening in everyone's lives. This week has been crazy busy with work-- we had a 3 day retail event, so I've basically been running around with my head cut off, doing everything from meeting retailers at the airport, setting up for meetings, serving and clearing food for dinner, handling logistics of the different events, and pretty much everything in between. It's been crazy, but a really fun week. I had a great time working and meeting some of our retailers, and also got a chance to talk a little more with some of the people I work with-- they are all such a great group of people. I also got a chance to go on a few group runs and get critiqued on my running form. I know half of you think I'm a huge nerd for being excited about something like that, but I can't even tell you how much of a difference it makes in the way I run-- it actually makes you run faster, more efficiently, and easier! It's pretty amazing. The event was finished on Saturday afternoon, and by the time I drove back home, all I wanted to do was rest. Steve, Wendy, Michelle, and the boys and I all had dinner on the porch and had a nice night of great weather, great views of the mountains, and some good wine and conversation :)
On Sunday I went to finalize things at my apartment and was able to take a few pictures to post for you all to see:

Above: One of our bedrooms
Above: Our Kitchen
Above: A walk-in closet in one of the bedrooms (Katie and I will have to fight over this! haha)
Above: Living Room/Kitchen
I'm looking forward to moving in-- it will be nice to be so much closer to work and I think my new roommate and I are going to get along really well. Once we get all settled, we're going to have a housewarming party for some of our friends-- let me know if you're in the area :)
Let's see, for my birthday, after getting stuff taken care of at my apartment, Michelle, Wendy, and I went to see the movie, "Julie and Julia". We enjoyed it-- it was very lighthearted and Meryl Streep is so funny to watch. She sort of reminds me of Mrs. Doubtfire in it (haha). Oh, and it will make you hungry watching it, so bring food :)
After the movie, we went to an Italian Restaurant called Via Baci (treated by Jeff and Janine- thank you!) and had some great pasta-- I recommend the Angel Hair. We ended the meal with a lava cake. Michelle and I demolished it (see pictures below).
Top to Bottom: Michelle and I demolishing the Lava Cake. Next picture: Dinner with the Warnecke's!
No comments:
Post a Comment