(Pictures from Left to Right: On left, man finishes in Newtons at Ironman Lake Placid, on right is our Newton expo booth-- cool huh??!)
Everything is going well back here... today I've kept busy-- tried out a s
pinning class early this morning (which was GREAT), ran some errands throughout the day, and tonight I'm going to go out downtown Denver with
some girls-- it's my friend, Anna's birthday-- she's my intern/carpool buddy from work. It should be fun... we're going to a place called the Rio. Tomorrow I'd like to do some hiking... we'll see if we can get my cousins Bryan or Michelle to go with me, otherwise I'll try to find someone else to tag along with me-- there's just so much to explore here! Eventually when I'm a more advanced hiker, I'd like to do a 14er... any takers??
(Picture Below: Back home in the mountains :D )
I also found out at work on Thursday that get to go to a few more events. At the end of August I get to go to Louisville, Kentucky, and then a few weeks later to Virginia Beach, Virginia-- both places I haven't been, so I'm very excited to go! When I told my aunt Wendy that I was going to Virginia Beach, she said, "Oh, whe
re's that at?" I was like, "Umm, I think it's in Virginia?" Haha, it was pretty funny...
Tomorrow I'm going to try out another new church-- I've been trying out a few different ones to see which one I like the most. I think I'm also going to go to a young adult Bible Study tomorrow-- it might be a good way to meet people, and would just be good for me spiritually. It's a little different meeting people here than it was in college, since you don't have a bunch of people your age living right next door to you, but that's okay. I have some really great friends back home in Iowa City and from high school that I miss, but there are tons of awesome people here, too. I know you don't make your best friends over night, because that's just not how it works, and I've already been meeting some great people here through work and friends of friends, location, etc., so time will tell! In fact, it seems like most of the people here have somehow moved from the midwest, which means there are tons of great personalities to mesh with :)
Well, that's all for now, I need to do a little cleaning and then get ready for the night... might even have to take a short nap too, since I feel like I've been on the go all day!
No comments:
Post a Comment