After a long day of traveling yesterday, we made it to Vermont. This morning, I got up, went for a run, and one of my co-workers who grew up near here took the other intern and I around the town of Burlington. Vermont is very cool-- lots of green and historic, brick buildings. After a little tour, we grabbed some lunch (including sweet potato fries... YUM) and took a ferry over to Lake Placid.
We passed the Olympic Stadium where the Olympic games were held in 1980 and were also able to see where some of the race and the expo are taking place. I'm really looking forward to watching my first Ironman... I believe it's a 2.5 mile swim, 113 mile bike, and 26.2 (marathon-length) run. Wowsers. And I thought a marathon was almost over the edge!
We're staying in this great Vacation house and have agreed that every night one of us is going to cook dinner. Luckily, the other intern and myself are doing our night together-- I could hardly cut a cucumber tonight when I was trying to help out! Yikes... hopefully kebabs on the grill won't be too difficult :/
I almost feel like I'm still in Colorado-- Lake Placid is very green, with some mountains, small shops, and obviously, a lake. It sort of reminds me of the town of Evergreen, Colorado if you've been there.
It has been nice to have a few relaxing days before things get crazy. Tomorrow we are going to set up our expo tent in the morning and then will have the rest of the day to do whatever. Then on Thurs/Fri/Sat we'll be working all day at the expo and Sunday we'll be working in shifts since that is race day. I think our president, Steve, even plans on running most of the marathon-- he is a great runner and has been putting in 100 mile weeks recently... which blows me away!
I must admit, I'm a little nervous about the expo-- I don't have a ton of experience in retail, but I know about the shoe and technology and it's a product that excites me, so hopefully it will go well. I'll be working with some others that are very experienced and will be extremely helpful in terms of feedback, in case I have questions or if they have suggestions on how I can improve. So anyways, hopefully it will go well.
That's all I have for now. We are two hours ahead of mountain time here and I've been having some trouble sleeping these last few nights, and I think it's finally catching up with me... time to get some rest. Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment