Everything out here has been good-- the last month has been really busy at work, and it's safe to say that it was definitely baptism by fire! The 2 others that I work with in customer support were out for 2 weeks, one sick and one in Kona for the Ironman World Championships, so I've been trying to keep up with everything while they've been gone. And although it was a little overwhelming, it's been a great experience, and I'm learning a lot.
I'm also finishing up my training for the Rim Rock Marathon, which takes place in Grand Junction, Colorado, in November. This weekend is the big 20 mile training run, which I'm hoping I can find someone else to run with, and then I start tapering down as the race gets closer. I'm a little nervous as it's supposed to be pretty hilly, but I guess I'll just take it one step at a time :)
I also bought my ski pass last weekend, which is the Colorado Pass. The pass includes access to Vail, Beaver Creek, Arapahoe Basin, Breckenridge, and Keystone... so I'm definitely looking to winter and ski season! I also have 6 discounted lift tickets with it... so it's a first come first serve deal if any of you want to come out here to visit! :)
Oh, and I'm cooking... a little! Thanks to Aunt Wendy's easy-to-read recipes I am actually able to cook a decent meal... ha! My roommate Katie and I have been trading off... although I do owe her a little credit, too, as I do still need a little coaching. I know it still won't measure up to Annie's cooking, as she's the one who received my mother's cooking genes, but you gotta start somewhere, right?
Over the weekend, I took a quick trip home. Although it was good to be home, it unfortunately wasn't under the best circumstances. My dance teacher growing up, Jill, was diagnosed with lung cancer about 9 months ago. This weekend they put on a benefit for her, which was a dance performance called "Dancers Against Cancer". Several dancers came back to perform and to support her, and all of the dancers in the performance were at one point a student of Jill's. It was an awesome tribute to her and great to see so many come back to support and honor her. She taught me for about 10-11 years growing up, so she was a very influential person in my life and was not only an incredible teacher, but a great mentor to me. It was great to see her and talk with her, and although it was hard, I was glad that I could be there. She looked great this weekend, too. She's always been a very healthy, active person, so it's hard to believe that she has cancer, but she has a huge support system standing behind her. Please pray for her and keep her in your thoughts these next few months as she fights through this disease with strength.
Thanks for your prayers, and keep me posted on how you all are! I hope that everyone is doing well!
I appreciate you finally posting something. Otherwise I would have no clue about what's going on in your life =)
ReplyDelete